The UNESCO Australian Memory of the World Committee is delighted to announce the inscription of 11 new items and collections of documentary heritage to the UNESCO Australian Memory of the World Register.
The new inscriptions are:
- Annabella Boswell's Papers 1826-1901, Port Macquarie Historical Society
- Anzac Day Commemoration Committee Minutes and Suggestions 1916-1922, State Library of Queensland
- 1828 Census, State Archives and Records Authority of New South Wales
- Manuscript Collection of Professor Frank Fenner AC FAA FRS, Australian Academy of Science, The Australian National University Archives, and University of Adelaide Archives
- Harriet and Helena Scott Australian Lepidoptera Collection, Australian Museum
- Ison's World War I Cinema Slides, Tamworth Regional Film and Sound Archive and Tamworth Historical Society
- Lithgow Small Arms Factory Museum Archive 1910-1986, Lithgow Small Arms Factory Museum
- Migration Voices Oral Histories, National Library of Australia, State Library of NSW, State Library of South Australia, State Library of Western Australia, Migration Museum, South Australia
- Ethel Turner, Seven Little Australians manuscript, State Library of New South Wales
- The Great Strike (Centenary Reconstruction), National Film and Sound Archive
- Veness Letter Book, Tamworth Powerstation Museum
An inscription ceremony will be held in late February at the State Library of New South Wales on a date to be advised.
Media enquiries: Dr Roslyn Russell, Chair, UNESCO Australian Memory of the World Committee: mobile 0421 311 369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org